Ever wonder why the Tecumseh Theater has been referred to the “Linda Theater” and “New Linda Theater?” What’s the difference?
A theater quickly was established on the left side of the first floor during 1909, and once sold, was then known as the Linda Theater. In 1931 the building was sold to Elias “Louie” Hatem. Louie had an eye for lavish and luxury. Following his purchase, Louie quickly sought to renovate the theater. He put in all-new leather seating, new RCA Symphonic Sound sound-projectors, multi-colored wall lights, and a ticket booth facing the street. On the right side was Hatem’s Confectionery, complete with 5 booths and seating for 20 people. For all the investment Louie made, it paid off as The ‘New Linda” it was christened and served as the “Cultural Capital” of the Hocking Valley for the next 24 years.